YouTube Adway download Video : http://dl.xposed.info/modules/ma.wanam.youtubeadaway_v207_d017a2.apk
How to install Xposed Framework explained : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNrGWqIemg&feature=youtu.be
What is YouTube AdAway ?
This is a simple Xposed module to help you get rid of YouTube ads and branding layers, tested on my GalaxyS4 (Android 4.3) and Nexus5 (Android 4.4+) against the latest YouTube updates (5.7.36), it should work on any Android device supported by Xposed framework (Android 4.0+) on some older YouTube updates as well (tested with 5.3.28).
– Xposed Framework ( API 52+)
– Android 3.0+ (GB version available here: http://wanamlite.com/youtube-adaway/)
– Remove YouTube Ads
– Remove Channel Logo
– Remove videos suggestions
– Remove Information card teasers
How to Install:
– Install Xposed Installer App
– Install Xposed framework through Xposed Installer
– Install YouTube AdAway App
– Open Xposed Installer App and enable my App on the modules list
Q: Why this application “may” requires an update for each official YouTube App update.
A: Because the YouTube application sources are proguarded, which means the generated classes names (by Proguard) are changing for each release, this should happen only if a clean proguard (producing a new classes map) is done, that’s why we need to update the classes names on YouTube AdAway each time.
– Reboot is a MUST after updating YouTube App or my App
– This application is NOT a modified YouTube App
– You won’t get any (signature) issues if you update your official YouTube App
– If you get any issues playing YouTube videos you can just uninstall my App or disable it on the Xposed modules list
What is Xposed Module ?
Xposed is a framework for modules that can change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs. That’s great because it means that modules can work for different versions and even ROMs without any changes (as long as the diferente code was not changed too much). It’s also easy to undo. As all changes are done in the memory, you just need to deactivate the module and reboot to get your innovador system back. There are many other advantages, but here is just one more: Multiple modules can do changes to the same part of the system or app. With modified APKs, you to decide for one. No way to combine them, unless the author builds multiple APKs with different combinations.
Note that this only works with root access on Android 4.0.3 or later.